Nanoscale structures at interfaces formed by lipids and from polymer/surfactant mixtures - deeper understanding provided by large-scale facilities
24. Juni 14:30 - 15:30
- The deposition to form soft matter nano-scale structures at interfaces is a delicate balance...
A measurement of the antineutrino spectrum of the fission products of U238
01. Juli 14:30 - 15:30
- In the last years, antineutrinos from nuclear reactors helped todetermine the parameters in the...
Implementation of a Longitudinal NRSE option for RESEDA at FRM II
15. Juli 14:45 - 15:45
- Longitudinal NRSE (lNRSE) has the possibilities to extend the accesible dynamic range of both NSE...
Seminar: Investigation of T-Odd Effects in Fission Induced by Polarized Neutrons
Two different T-odd effects have been discovered recently in experiments on ternary fission with polarized neutrons performed at the ILL (Grenoble). The first one was named TRI-effect, as it imitates the violation of the time reversal invariance. The second one was called the ROT-effect, as it appears due to rotation of a nucleus after capturing the polarized neutron.
The Russian-German collaboration carries out a series of experiments aimed at further investigation of these effects in binary fission, namely in angular correlations of prompt gamma-rays and neutrons instead of alpha-particles from ternary fission. Since the number of emitted gamma-rays and neutrons in fission is by several orders of magnitude higher than the number of alpha-particles, accompanying fission, the sensitivity of such measurements allows to achieve the accuracy of the measured effects of about 10-5÷10-6.
The results of recent experiments and future prospects of the project will be presented.
- Physics HS3
- Garching, Garching, Deutschland
- Dr. Yu.N. Kopatch, Frank Laboratory of Neutron Physics, JINR, Dubna, Russia
- TUM/FRM II