Keine Termine gefunden
Stimuli responsive polymersomes: Small Angle Neutron Scattering studies
27. Mai 14:30 - 15:30
- Diblock copolymers can self-assemble in solution in stable and robust polymersomes (vesicles),...
To deuterate or not to deuterate? That is the question
03. Juni 14:30 - 15:30
- Accepted wisdom when performing diffraction experiments with neutrons is to deuterate the...
Static and dynamic properties of a strong-leg spin-ladder
17. Juni 14:30 - 15:30
- The AF S = 1/2 Heisenberg spin ladder belongs to the simplest quantum magnets, yet disclosing the...
Seminar: NRSE & MIEZE at ESS: Status
Neutron Resonance Spin Echo (NRSE) is an alternative technique to Neutron Spin Echo (NSE), based on resonant spin flips of neutrons in magnetic field devices. In a variant of NRSE, the MIEZE-technique, the magnetic field devices are placed before the sample, enabling measurements on depolarizing samples and using depolarizing sample environment.
In the framework of instrument development for the upcoming European Spallation Source (ESS), we are working on the design of a new NRSE-MIEZE spectrometer. In this talk, the present status of this project will be reported, discussing advantages and challenges of alternative designs in the light of different applications.
- Physics HS3
- Garching, Garching, Deutschland
- Dr. W. Häußler, FRM II & E21
- TUM/FRM II