Nanoscale structures at interfaces formed by lipids and from polymer/surfactant mixtures - deeper understanding provided by large-scale facilities
June 24 14:30 - 15:30
- The deposition to form soft matter nano-scale structures at interfaces is a delicate balance...
A measurement of the antineutrino spectrum of the fission products of U238
July 01 14:30 - 15:30
- In the last years, antineutrinos from nuclear reactors helped todetermine the parameters in the...
Implementation of a Longitudinal NRSE option for RESEDA at FRM II
July 15 14:30 - 15:30
- Longitudinal NRSE (lNRSE) has the possibilities to extend the accesible dynamic range of both NSE...
Seminar: NRSE & MIEZE at ESS: Status
Neutron Resonance Spin Echo (NRSE) is an alternative technique to Neutron Spin Echo (NSE), based on resonant spin flips of neutrons in magnetic field devices. In a variant of NRSE, the MIEZE-technique, the magnetic field devices are placed before the sample, enabling measurements on depolarizing samples and using depolarizing sample environment.
In the framework of instrument development for the upcoming European Spallation Source (ESS), we are working on the design of a new NRSE-MIEZE spectrometer. In this talk, the present status of this project will be reported, discussing advantages and challenges of alternative designs in the light of different applications.
- Physics HS3
- Garching, Garching, Deutschland
- Dr. W. Häußler, FRM II & E21
- TUM/FRM II