No events found.
Stimuli responsive polymersomes: Small Angle Neutron Scattering studies
May 27 14:30 - 15:30
- Diblock copolymers can self-assemble in solution in stable and robust polymersomes (vesicles),...
To deuterate or not to deuterate? That is the question
June 03 14:30 - 15:30
- Accepted wisdom when performing diffraction experiments with neutrons is to deuterate the...
Static and dynamic properties of a strong-leg spin-ladder
June 17 14:30 - 15:30
- The AF S = 1/2 Heisenberg spin ladder belongs to the simplest quantum magnets, yet disclosing the...
The FRM II is a modern neutron source of high performance due to its high technical level. It provides a very high unperturbed thermal peak flux in the moderator and ensures short measuring times and allows new applications. Besides the experimental background the secure running and the operativeness must be warranted:
- The safety concept meets the highest requirements and is based on passive und active security installations.
- The FRM II owns a so-called compact core containig an uranium silicide-aluminium dispersion fuel, innovative beam guidance of neutrons, irradiation equipment und secondary beam sources. The FRM II meets the high demands of modern experiments with neutrons.
The technical concepts of the new research neutron source ensure a flawless and secure function, which provides the possibility to do modern research with neutrons at high scientific level.