Trends in Neutron Science - MLZ User Meeting 2015
February 23 - February 2413:00 - 14:00
Public awareness of research infrastructures
June 18 - June 1913:30 - 13:00
Moderators for optimal instrument performance at the ESS
January 12 14:30 - 15:30
- The European Spallation Source will be the world’s leading neutron source for condensed-matter...
Polymer Composite Thermal Neutron Scintillator for Radiation Portal Monitors and Neutron Imaging
January 19 14:30 - 15:30
- Thermal neutron detectors are used for medical imaging, nuclear plant safety, homeland, and border...
UCN optics for fundamental research at FRM II
January 26 14:30 - 15:30
- Currently a powerful UCN source is under development and construction at the FRMII reactor in...
The FRM II is a modern neutron source of high performance due to its high technical level. It provides a very high unperturbed thermal peak flux in the moderator and ensures short measuring times and allows new applications. Besides the experimental background the secure running and the operativeness must be warranted:
- The safety concept meets the highest requirements and is based on passive und active security installations.
- The FRM II owns a so-called compact core containig an uranium silicide-aluminium dispersion fuel, innovative beam guidance of neutrons, irradiation equipment und secondary beam sources. The FRM II meets the high demands of modern experiments with neutrons.
The technical concepts of the new research neutron source ensure a flawless and secure function, which provides the possibility to do modern research with neutrons at high scientific level.