Information for users and contractors

Conditions for access to the controlled areas of the neutron source Heinz Maier-Leibnitz:

  • for users
  • for contractors

Please contact Radiation Protection if you have questions regarding the entry requirements.

Requirements for activities in controlled areas

If you wish to work as an employee of a contractor within the controlled areas of the FRM II, the following conditions must be met:

  • The company requires an official permit according to § 15 of the Radiation Protection Ordinance (StrlSchV) if your activity could involve a radiation dose in excess of 1 mSv per calendar year.
    The permit should be submitted to the competent supervisory and licensing authority (e.g. for company headquarters in Bavaria: State Office for the Environment).  A radiation passport, which has to be officially registered, is to be filled in for each employee.
  • The company requires a demarcation agreement with the Technische Universität München. To obtain a demarcation agreement, please forward to us your completed approval document. 
  • To register you will need your radiation passport, duly completed and accounted for, as well as an official dosimeter (gamma and neutron-sensitive). Following radiation training (valid for 12 months), you will additionally receive an unofficial, electronic dosimeter which you can read yourself.

If you are not professionally exposed to radiation or have questions regarding the access requirements, please contact Radiation Protection.