Visitors are welcome at the research neutron source Heinz Maier-Leibnitz (FRM II). Every year, around 3,000 visitors make demands on this offer. As a special service for schools and student groups we like to arrange tours guided with scientists. Please book your visit in advance by phone or email to the visitor's service, who will be pleased to meet your wishes. Please schedule at least two hours for your visit.
As a nuclear facility we have access rules that you absolutely have to obey. The rules are for your and our security. So, e.g. you cannot take with you any dangerous objects, drinks or food into the reactor building.
Important access rules are
- Minimum age: 18 years (students aged 16),
- valid identity card or passport (residence title or driver's license are not enough!),
- maximum of 18 persons (exceptions for classes are available),
- no access to the control zone for pregnant and nursing women,
- no cameras or cell phones (they have no reception anyway)
- unfortunately we can not provide a wheelchair access.
Of course we also offer guided tours at the open day on the research campus. You may already sign up one hour before, a few places are open by online registration. The date and our other offers on that day we publish under News.
For the overall program of all participants on the open day, visit www.forschung-garching.de.